When it comes time to paint the exterior of your house, it’s important to choose the right paint for the job. There are many factors you need to consider, such as climate and weather conditions.
In this article, we will discuss some of the most important things to keep in mind when choosing exterior house paint. We will also cover some of the most common mistakes people make when painting their homes. So if you’re considering repainting your house, read on!
- Choose a paint that is weather resistant. Make sure the paint you choose can withstand the heat of the sun, the wind and rain.
- Select a colour that will complement your home’s architecture (more on this later). You want the paint to enhance the look of your home, not detract from it.
- Inspect the surface you plan to paint thoroughly. Make sure there are no cracks or holes that need to be fixed before painting.
- Never apply exterior paint in direct sunlight. The heat will cause the paint to dry too quickly, which could lead to peeling or blistering.
- Avoid using cheap paints. They often don’t last very long and need to be repainted more often.
- Don’t paint over mould or mildew. These need to be removed before painting or they will continue to grow under the new paint.
What paint colour should you use?
When it comes to choosing a paint colour, there are many factors to consider. You want the colour to complement your home’s architecture and style, and you also need to take into account the climate and weather conditions in your area.
For example, if you live in a hot climate, you might want to choose a light or pastel shade, which will reflect the sun’s heat. If you live in a cold climate, on the other hand, you might want to choose a darker shade that will help keep your home warm.
Another thing to keep in mind is whether or not you plan on painting the trim around your windows and doors. If you do, make sure the trim and the main body of the house have different colours. This will help to create a more dramatic look.
What type of paint should you use?
The type of paint you use is just as important as the colour. You need to make sure you choose a paint that is durable and can withstand the elements. For example, if you live in an area with high humidity, you’ll want to choose a paint that is mildew resistant. If you live in a cold climate, you’ll want to choose a paint that won’t freeze or crack in the winter.
You should also keep in mind that different surfaces will require different types of paint. For example, if you’re painting wood siding, you’ll want to use a different type of paint than you would use on stucco or brick. It would be best to consult with a professional before beginning your project to make sure you’re using the right type of paint.
As you can see, there are many things to consider when choosing exterior house paint. But if you take the time to do your research and select the right products, you can be sure that your repainting project will be a success.