- Net Worth: $11 Million
- Date of Birth: Jan 9, 1989 (33 years old)
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)
- Profession: Model, Actor, Gymnast, Voice Actor
- Nationality: Canada
Born Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva (Bulgarian: iколинa онстантинова орева) on January 9, 1989 in Sofia, Bulgaria. Her father, Konstantin, and her mother, Michaela are professionals; he works in computers, and she creates art. Alexander is her older brother. Canada-based model Jeny Nikolova is her cousin. Since her family’s early emigration to Canada, Nina has spent every year since 2003 in Toronto, Ontario.
She has always been actively involved in the arts, displaying early promise in dance, gymnastics, theatre, music, art, and acting. Beginning with modeling jobs and progressing to commercials and then film auditions.
In quick succession, she was cast in the critically acclaimed films Fugitive Pieces and Away From Her, as well as CTV’s groundbreaking teen drama Degrassi: The Next Generation.
In addition to competing in Aesthetic gymnastics for Canada on the international stage, Nina’s travels have taken her all around Europe.
She has a huge spectrum of recreational interests, including a variety of sports such as volleyball, soccer, swimming, rock climbing, wakeboarding, snowboarding, and horseback riding. But acting is her true love, and she regards it as a new and exciting journey; she thinks that the experiences we have and the people we become along the way will teach us about ourselves.
Nina dated Ian Somerhalder for three years. In May 2013, they split up. They stay friends despite their breakup. Nina dated Derek Hough a few months afterward. They’ve been seen holding hands and tweeting romantic messages. Nina and Derek split in October 2013. Nina says she’s a Tom Boy who enjoys skinny dipping in a May 2014 InStyle interview.
It’s not uncommon for Nina to bring along her swimwear just in case she gets the urge to go for a dip.
Nina Dobrev Net Worth: $11 Million
Mia, the main character on the teen drama TV show Degrassi: The Next Generation, was Dobrev’s first major acting job. She played the character for three seasons, beginning in 2006.
She appeared in Fugitive Pieces (2007) and Away from Her (2009). (2007). Dobrev starred in Never Cry Werewolf (2008), The American Mall (2008), and two Lifetime movies.
Dobrev departed Degrassi in 2009 to play Elena Gilbert in The CW’s supernatural thriller The Vampire Diaries.
Dobrev plays 500-year-old vampire Katherine Pierce.
She played Petrova doppelgänger progenitor Amara in season 5.
In 2014, she appeared in an episode of The Originals, the spinoff of The Vampire Diaries, as Tatia, a woman with an identical twin.
After six seasons of playing Elena, Dobrev revealed in April 2015 via Instagram that she was quitting The Vampire Diaries. It was revealed in January 2017 that Dobrev would reprise her roles as Elena and Katherine for the series finale of The Vampire Diaries.
- Dobrev has a small role in Atom Egoyan’s 2010 sensual thriller Chloe.
- Dobrev appeared in The Roommate (2011).
- 2011 Comic-Con: Dobrev
- Dobrev was chosen to portray Candace Kelmeckis in the film adaption of The Perks of Being a Wallflower in April 2011.
- She made her film debut in the August 2014 20th Century Fox comedy Let’s Be Cops.
- In The Final Girls, Dobrev played Vicki Summers.
- In September 2015, she was cast as flight attendant Izzy in Arrivals; the film was later retitled Departures and set to begin filming in April 2017. In 2015, she was cast in the Vancouver-filmed romance comedy Crash Pad.
- Dobrev played Becky Claridge in XXX: Return of Xander Cage in 2017.
- Dobrev’s most successful picture grossed $346 million globally. She played Marlo in Flatliners the same year.