It’s no secret that Jacksonville, FL is one of the most humid places in the country. And with that humidity comes a whole host of potential problems for your AC unit.
If you’re experiencing any of the following issues, it may be time to call in a professional for AC service in Jacksonville, FL:
- Your AC unit is leaking water: Are you noticing water pooling around your AC unit? This could be a sign of a clogged condensate line or a refrigerant leak.
- Your AC unit is making strange noises: If you’re hearing hissing, clicking, or banging noises coming from your AC unit, it could be a sign of something serious like a compressor failure.
- Your AC unit isn’t cooling your home: If your AC unit is running but not actually cooling your home, it could be a sign of a refrigerant leak or an airflow issue.
- Your AC unit is blowing warm air: This could be a sign of a failed compressor or a refrigerant leak.
- Your AC unit is frozen: If your AC unit is covered in ice, it could be a sign of a refrigerant leak or an airflow issue.
- Your AC unit’s airflow is restricted: This could be a sign of a dirty air filter or a blocked duct.
- Your AC unit is short-cycling: If your AC unit turns on and off frequently, it could be a sign of an overheating issue or a refrigerant leak. When you schedule for AC repair in Jacksonville, FL, be sure to ask about short-cycling and how it can be fixed.
- Your energy bills are higher than usual: If your energy bills have spiked for no apparent reason, it could be a sign of an airflow issue or a refrigerant leak.
What Is Involved In AC Service?
Air conditioner service is important to keep your unit running properly and efficiently. Most homeowners schedule this type of maintenance once a year, typically in the spring. During AC service, a technician will come to your home and perform a variety of tasks, including
- Inspecting the air conditioner unit
- Cleaning the unit
- Checking for any signs of damage
- Testing the unit’s various parts
- Make sure the unit is properly lubricated
Components That May Need Service
There are several different components in an AC unit that may need service. The most common ones include:
Condenser coils – These coils help to release heat from the refrigerant. Over time, they can become dirty and clogged, which reduces their efficiency.
Evaporator coils – These coils help to absorb heat from the air inside your home. They can also become dirty and clogged over time, which reduces their efficiency.
Refrigerant levels – The refrigerant is what helps to cool the air inside your home. If it’s low, it can cause the AC unit to work harder, which can lead to higher energy bills.
Drain line – The drain line helps to remove condensation from the AC unit. If it becomes clogged, it can cause water damage.
Filters – The filters help to remove dirt, dust, and other airborne particles from the air. If they become clogged, it can restrict airflow and reduce the unit’s efficiency.
There are other components in an AC unit that may need service as well, but these are the most common ones.
Tips To Choose The Right AC Service Company
When choosing an AC service company, it’s important to choose one that’s experienced and reputable. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right company:
Check reviews – When you’re looking for an AC service company, be sure to check online reviews. This will give you an idea of what other people have thought about the company’s services.
Ask for referrals – If you know someone who has recently had their AC unit serviced, ask them for a referral. They’ll be able to tell you about their experience with the company and whether or not they would recommend them.
Weather Engineers is a top-rated AC service company in Jacksonville, FL. We’ve been serving the area for several years and have a team of experienced technicians who are ready to help with all your AC needs. Contact Weather Engineers at 904-356-3963 for more information