Powered by Bitdefender, Netgear Armor secures your Orbi device from cyber threats by blocking malicious websites and applications. To make use of this feature, you need to activate it. Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more. Simply go through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to activate Netgear Armor subscription using the Orbi app.
Steps to Activate Netgear Armor Subscription
Power up Your Orbi Router
- Plug your Netgear Orbi router into a wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for some time and let the power LED become green.
Connect Router to Modem
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Netgear Orbi router and another to the existing modem.
Power up Your Orbi Satellite
- The next step in line is to plug your Netgear Orbi satellite into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
Sync Your Orbi Devices
- Press the Sync button on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Then, do the same with your Orbi satellite.
- In some time, your Orbi devices will get synced.
Download the Orbi App
- Once you are done setting up the hardware, unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Type Netgear Orbi app in the search bar and tap the Search icon.
- A list of results will come into view.
- Select the Netgear Orbi app.
- Tap the Download button.
- Let the application get thoroughly installed.
Perform Netgear Orbi Login
- Once the Netgear Orbi app gets installed on your device, launch it.
- Tap the Sign in button.
- Fill in the default orbilogin password and username.
- Tap the Log In button.
- The BASIC Home screen will appear.
Activate Armor Subscription
- Go to Settings > Security > Netgear Armor.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Select My Subscriptions.
- Tap Activation Code.
- Enter your activation code.
- In a few seconds, your Netgear Armor subscription will become active.
In this manner, you will successfully be able to activate Armor subscription using the Netgear Orbi app. In case, you come across any issues during the process, then it is recommended that you follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below. They will surely prove to be of some help to you.
Can’t Activate Netgear Armor Subscription?
- Make sure that your Netgear Orbi router, satellite, and the existing modem are getting an adequate power supply from their respective wall outlets.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and modem should be free of cuts. Also, the connection between your wireless devices should not be loose.
- If your Netgear Orbi devices are not getting synced, consider rebooting them. Once done, try to sync them again.
- Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Orbi app is in the process of getting installed. Otherwise, the process might get disrupted.
- On the off chance, you are not sure regarding the orbilogin.com username and password of your Netgear Orbi router, refer to the user manual.
- Ensure that your Orbi router as well as satellite is not placed near transmitting appliances, metal objects, electronic devices, and reflexive surfaces. Additionally, keep your devices away corners and concrete walls.
Once you are done following these troubleshooting hacks, check whether you are able to activate Netgear Armor subscription using the Orbi app peacefully or not.
With that, our guide to activate Netgear Armor subscription using the Orbi app has come to an end here. We hope that after following the guidelines mentioned above, you will be able to make full use of this feature and protect your device from potential threats.