One of the most important things that businesses need to consider is an effective mode of promotion to lend a voice to the company’s products and services. Even though the digital marketing methods create a difference to the product and service promotion, it might not be affordable for many.
With custom flags, you can attract the same amount of people to your business and allow it to stay apart from the competitors. What are the things to keep in mind when designing the custom flags? What are the mistakes you need to avoid when designing the flags?
Here is what you need to know.
- Select the best size
The size of the custom flag you choose needs to be relevant to the event. You need to order based on whether the vent is simply promotional or small. Choosing the wrong size may make the interaction with your business and brand a futile effort.
If you are hosting a large event and using small-sized color flags, they may get lost in the crowd as nobody will notice. When picking the size of the flag, you need to stay cautious at first and pick an option that is visible from a specific distance. Placing the flags as impediments may lower the visibility of your business.
- Choosing the colors
When choosing the colors, you need to go for bold shades that complement each other. Make sure the company you choose for picking the custom flag has a good deal of experience in helping you decide the text and the shade. Besides, you need to focus on the background color carefully as making too flashy and bold may distract the readers from the text. Remember that a dark shade contrasts well with a light color and vice versa.
- The shades complementing each other when used together look likes a basic shade on white.
- When the complementary shades are placed besides each other, they may create the best contrasts.
- While using the primary colors, such as yellow, red, and blue, and the secondary colors, such as green, orange, and purple, you need to come up with the final shade that appears pleasing to the eyes.
- Fonts and text
You need custom flags to create an effect from a distance. So, there may not be a set pattern on which to rely. Try to avoid using too many different fonts as it may create a barrier to the uniqueness of the message.
When using the text, minimalism needs to be the key. Ideally, you need to use the text carefully to enhance the readability of the text. As the viewers have a few seconds to read the message, you need to make sure that the flag pertains to the needs of the readers and fulfill the objective of the businesses using them to showcase their purpose.
- Red color may get a bit difficult and you need to ensure proper penetration.
- Based on the purpose of sung the flag, yellow needs to be the choicest color to pick.
- Blue is the color to choose ad stays visible on the back of the flag.
- Green remains a shade that looks good in the back of the flag.
- Decide on the color based on its performance, visibility from a distance, and contrast with other colors.
You need to involve the audience before designing for them or using any promotional product. You need to try and manage what is important for them, what you can offer them, and then design the product accordingly.
Once you have a clear understanding of what your audience looks like and their preferences, you can pick the best custom flag for your business. The people who come to your event will be able to read the message on the flag and it will be a worthwhile investment.
- The custom flags for events need to create a lasting impression on the visitors so you need to have patience while designing them.
- You may find the process of coming up with new ideas and experimenting with different concepts difficult as your time is limited during an event. You need to come up with a design that is vibrant and visible on the flag.
- You need to consider the purpose of using the flag first and what you want your visitors to do on seeing it before creating one for them.
- If you wish people to look at it, go for small-sized flags.
- If you want people to read the message, then use large-sized flags that are easy to read.
- If you wish people to capture the image of it in their cameras, go for bold colors and vibrant shades.
- On the other hand, if you wish them to take it home along with them, go for small size flags.
- If you wish to keep it as a reminder of your brand or event, choose the color scheme carefully.
- The material
Always carry out the research on what works best for your needs and pick accordingly. There are different types of materials that you may use to create your custom flag.
- Plastic flags: It is the most common and cheapest material used for making flags and it comes in different colors and sizes.
- Mesh fabric: Easy to fold, lightweight, and with vibrant colors, mesh fabric remains a popular choice among most of the businesses.
- Mesh fabric: It is the best choice if you wish to use mesh fabric for outdoor applications as it is wind and weather resistant.
- Polyester: The most common material used in manufacturing flags, polyester comes with different types of finishes like matte and high gloss that need to be considered before picking.
- Vinyl flags: These are the most popular choice for indoor applications as they are seamless, waterproof, and lightweight. You may use them indoors or outdoors depending on the purpose of using it.
- Nylon flags: Ideal for outdoor usage, nylon comes in different widths that need to be chosen based on the flagpole diameter.
- Cotton flags: Ideal for indoor usage, cotton is comfortable to handle, lightweight, and easy to maintain. You can use it in any weather conditions or indoors as well.
- Spandex flags: These are popular choices among creative agencies where they need to create flags with unique shapes and sizes based on the requirement.
- Pole sleeves
Using flagpoles may seem like an easy process, but it gets difficult when you need to put in the fabric of your choice in them. There are different types of sleeve options available that you can pick according to their ease of use, durability, and price.
- Heavy-duty sleeve: A heavy duty flagpole with a heavy-duty sleeve is durable and ideal for frequent use.
- Standard sleeve: Ideal for regular usage indoors or outdoors, the standard sleeve is typically made of vinyl and comes with a 3″ diameter at the top.
3.Knotted sleeve: You can use it indoors or outdoors depending on the material used for making it. It features a knot at the base to prevent the flag from slipping off.
- non-knotted sleeve: Ideal for high humidity areas, these are manufactured with heavy duty fabric that is UV resistant.
- Light duty sleeve: Ideal for indoor use, it is made of vinyl and comes with a 1″ diameter at the top.
- Heavy duty flagpole: Made using high quality materials, these are ideal for prolonged usage in windy conditions or indoors. They come with heavy duty sleeves that are UV resistant.
Long flagpoles are designed to hold long or small-sized flags whereas short flagpoles are ideal for indoor usage and display decorative pieces of fabrics. If you need a flagpole that is perfect for your application, then choose carefully based on your needs. The following will give you an idea of the various types of flagpoles available in the market.
You need to choose the right option after analyzing the above-mentioned factors. If you are not sure about the best option, then consult a specialist or go through our website for further assistance. If you are looking for flags for sale online do check Ultimate Flags.