Game designing is a professional specialization involving research and analysis of the target audience, their preferences, socio-cultural environment & habits along with market trends & technology, etc. in order to visualize game architecture, design concepts & user interface, build the storyline, plots, aesthetics, characters, animation, challenges, puzzles, levels & sound effects along with VFX so as to create an immersive game.
Additionally, Game Designer ensures that the game is developed utilizing such a language that it can be played on multiple platforms. Also, it supports maintenance & updating through the use of new technology like AI, 3D or augmented reality, etc.
Skills required: In order to get into the profession of game designing, the candidate must display the following skill sets:
- Passion for gaming
- Visualization skills & drawing skills to convey innovative concepts
- Observation skills & eye for details to observe nuances of nature, surroundings, how it is impacted by the use of shades and colors etc. along with scrutinizing human behavior, their actions & reactions, body language & expressions etc. and replicate the same in building the characters as well as stimulating action sequence or conjuring up simulated environment.
- Patience & diligence
- Knowledge of diverse gaming platforms along with graphics, software, coding & technologies like 3D, AI and augmented reality
- In order to collaborate with teams from varied departments as well as with stakeholders and seek more business, communication, Networking & Interpersonal skills are a necessity.
- Organizational ability to handle multiple projects & touch-points as well as manage pressure and that too meeting the deadlines
- Problem-solving nature
- In order to take admitted to a game designing course, the passing of 12th class in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized board is necessary.
- Additionally, the candidate needs to pass the entrance exam along with a group discussion around and interview.
- For master, you need to complete your graduation in Game designing with 50% marks
Game Designing Courses:
The candidate must choose the college basis the following parameters:
- A comprehensive understanding of the gaming industry-technical, theoretical as well as business must be offered by the college. Students must be equipped with competencies in use of technical tools like modeling with Zbrush and Autodesk 3dsMax Substance to prototype scenarios or use of game engines like Unity and Unreal Engine, 2D & 3D graphics & simulation along with the fundamentals of the art of storytelling, narrative architecture, behavioral and play psychology.
- Perspective about the communication design industry must be offered to the students for it will equip them with abilities related to the application of principles of design to varied communication challenges across varied formats as well as media.
- In order to apply their theoretical knowledge to practical applications, the college must have state of an art studio. Here they can do their gaming projects, come up with prototypes, and test their concepts.
- Proper exposure to students via internships, real live projects, industry workshops, regular interaction with experts, participation in competitions and exchange programs etc. must be offered by the college.
- The curriculum must offer students an understanding of people, their behavior in socio-cultural settings, their preferences and psyche etc., and how to use this knowledge in devising strategies for gaming concepts and other communication products.
Register now. Live your passion in the game designing profession.