Is the network name (SSID) of your Netgear wireless range extender not appearing on the network list? Well, that might be because of the following reasons:
- Unstable connection between WiFi devices
- Outdated or corrupted firmware
- WiFi interference
- Technical glitches
- Improper Netgear extender setup via mywifiext.net
Regardless of what might be forcing you to face the Netgear_ext not appearing on network list issue, the troubleshooting hacks have got your back. So, read on.
Fixed: Netgear_Ext Not Appearing on Network List
- Reboot Your Netgear Extender
As mentioned above, technical glitches are one of the major culprits that might be stopping your Netgear extender’s SSID from appearing on the network list. In order to get rid of these glitches, you need to restart your extender.
Here is how you can reboot your Netgear wireless range extender:
- Power off your Netgear extender.
- Unplug the extender from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Once the wait is over, plug your extender back into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
As soon as you are done rebooting your device, check whether you are still experiencing the Netgear_ext not appearing on network list issue.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
Scenario 1: If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear wireless range extender and host router, make sure that it is not worn out or damaged. In case it is, get it replaced with a new cable immediately.
Scenario 2: Used a wireless source to connect your devices? Well, in that case, make sure that your extender and router are placed in close proximity.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Another thing that you can do to troubleshoot the Netgear_ext not showing on network list issue is to update the firmware of your extender to the latest version.
If you are not sure about the Netgear extender firmware update process, walk through the guidelines outlined below:
- Launch an internet browser on your computer.
- In the address bar of your browser, type 192.168.1.250.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the login page of your Netgear range extender.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Once logged in, head over to the Menu option.
- The extender menu will come into view.
- Access the Firmware Update page.
- Select Settings > Firmware Update or Maintenance > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Check Online.
- If a new firmware version is available, go through the on-screen instructions.
Done updating the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender? Well, has the issue you were facing bid adieu? No? Take the help of the next troubleshooting tip then.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
Change the location of your Netgear wireless range extender and make sure you haven’t placed it anywhere near cordless phones, mirrors, washing machines, fish tanks, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, corners, aluminum studs, and thick concrete walls.
- Reset and Reconfigure
Did all the efforts you make go in vain? If the answer is yes, then your last resort is to perform factory default reset.
Here is how you can restore your device to the factory default mode:
- Look at all sides of your Netgear wireless range extender and locate the Reset hole.
- Take an oil pin or any other similar object and carefully insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time.
Resetting your Netgear WiFi range extender will surely help you rectify the issue you were struggling with.
Note: Once you have restored your device to the factory default settings, reconfigure it by accessing the Netgear extender login.
The Bottom Line
Troubleshooting the Netgear_ext not showing on network list is a cake walk. However, many users face issues while doing so. If you are standing in the queue, then trust us, the aforementioned troubleshooting tips will help you get rid of it in no time.