bamboo rugs are one of the most underrated components when it comes to decorating your home or the outside patio.
For centuries, people have been using rugs made of cotton or even thick wool. But the Asian culture has predominantly been using Bamboo carpets to decorate their homes.
Bamboo rugs have many advantages over conventional cotton or woollen rugs. They are an amazing choice to cover your patio or for indoor usage. Unlike the first-look belief that the rungs will be hard, these carpets are usually very soft and comfortable.
They provide a much better option as an outdoor rug during scorching summer. The bamboo rugs are cool, insect-repellent, and environment-friendly.
However, many people are afraid to use the rugs thinking of their maintenance. But let us provide you with the fun fact that the rugs are quite easy to maintain and you don’t always need professional help to clean them.
In this article, we will provide you with some great DIY tips and tricks to keep your bamboo carpet clean and fresh. But before we do that, let us walk through the effective advantages of the carpet and why you must consider using it immediately.
Considering a Bamboo Rug for Home
The price to value ratio is very steep when buying rugs. You may not want to invest a whole lot of money into buying carpets or rugs while most of the time people won’t even notice it. But bamboo rugs are not expensive and still serve the purpose better than any other carpets.
- Bamboo rugs are durable and have a long life even during heavy usage. Due to the shape and hardness of the rugs, the rugs can tolerate harsh environments while retaining their shape.
- Bamboos are environment-friendly and renewable resources. This makes the production of the rugs cost-effective without a shortage of raw material supply. Bamboo, being a part of the grass family, regrows quickly when cut.
- Bamboo rugs are insect-resistant due to their structure. Most insects don’t find bamboos appealing for their survival and growth. And thus, the rugs are safe from any infestations.
- Bamboo rugs fit into the rooms and patios perfectly. Based on the size and shape of the rug, you can place them either inside the house or on the patio and keep the dirt away while imparting an unconventional look to your floor.
- Easy to clean and maintain is another advantage of having these carpets at home. Unlike cotton and woollen carpets that soak liquids and stains, bamboo rugs take time to absorb the spillage. This provides you ample time to clean the carpet that we will discuss in the next section.
Now, after you purchase a rug, mostly you resort to a skilled carpet cleaner to clean your rug. But you won’t need much assistance when you resort to using bamboo rugs. You will find these easy DIY tips and tricks in our next section.
Easy DIY Tips to Clean Bamboo Rugs at Home
Following are a few easy tips and tricks that you can use to clean the carpets yourself.
- Shake it regularly in the morning if the carpet lies on the outside. The best way to protect and clean your patio bamboo rug is to give it a gentle shake every once in a while, to remove the dirt and debris accumulated over it. You don’t need to beat it with a broom.
- Vacuuming is another way of protecting and cleaning your bamboo rug for a prolonged period. Vacuuming helps to suck the dirt off the rug and maintain its finish. It is recommended technique for large and heavy bamboo rugs inside the home.
- Address the spill or a stain as early as possible. It will help you retain the good looks of the rug. It takes a while for the carpet to absorb the liquid. But it is better to be on the edge. Because if you allow the stain to set in the base foundation of the bamboo carpet, it will instantly become difficult to remove the stain. If you address the spill early, get an old rag and wipe the carpet with warm water.
- Scraping is a process that will help you clean stubborn dirt like chewing gum, clay, or adhesives. You can use a spatula to scrape off the solid dirt from the carpet.
- Maintaining the carpet is very important for its durability. For outside rugs, you can flip the carpet regularly to protect it from sunlight. Prolonged exposure to the sunlight will make the rug look dull. Also, avoid keeping the rugs near the water-soaked area to keep it dry. Keeping the bamboo rugs dry will help prevent rot and mould issues.
Finally, if you still find it difficult to spare time, you can always call for professional help. It doesn’t cost much to clean and maintain these super bamboo rugs. Jn