Slim Simon Cowell continues to look unrecognisable as he arrives at the Britain’s Got Talent launch alongside Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly
Simon Cowell continued to look unrecognisable as he arrives at the Britain’s Got Talent launch on Tuesday.
The TV mogul was among the first to arrive at the London Palladium as he gave a thumbs up to crowds as he was joined by long-standing hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.
Ant and Dec were mobbed by the crowds as soon as they arrived, leading them to break down in fits of giggles.
Slim: Simon Cowell continued to look unrecognisable as he arrived at the Britain’s Got Talent launch alongside Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly at the London Palladium on Tuesday
No doubt fans of the show were keen to find out who would make up the final line-up after David Walliams’ departure.
Bruno Tonioli appears to be the name on everyone’s lips after Alan Carr was thought to be taking on the role.
On Monday, it was claimed that Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon were refusing to sign contracts for the latest series of the show.
Giggling: Ant McPartlin was mobbed by the crowds as soon as he arrived which he appeared most amused by
The duo are said to be furious that Bruno will see his new salary match their own – an estimated £850,000.
According to The Sun, Amanda and Alesha sent the latest series into chaos with bosses scrambling to secure the TV favourites ahead of filming beginning in London next week.
A source told the publication: ‘Amanda has been on BGT for 17 years, while Alesha is going into her eleventh year. They don’t think it’s fair a newcomer could walk into the show and be handed the same deal as them’.
‘It’s a bit of a headache for BGT given filming for the next series begins at the London Palladium on Tuesday’.
‘Bruno was still ironing out his contract on Friday too so it’s all very much down to the wire’.
MailOnline contacted reps for Amanda, Alesha and ITV for comment.
It comes after it was reported Bruno would triple the salary he received on Strictly Come Dancing by joining the ITV judging panel.
The former Strictly judge Bruno replace David Walliams who left the show last year after ITV bosses who wanted comedian Alan Carr were overruled by boss Simon Cowell.
Bruno, who is said to be ‘delighted’ to return to Saturday night prime time TV in the UK, will now overshadow his former Strictly co-stars wage by three times.
Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel-Horwood, Motsi Mabuse and Anton Du Beke are all believed to earn £250,000 per series on the Strictly judging panel.
It comes following battle between Bruno – a close friend of Simon’s – and comedian Alan for the role. The show’s judges Alesha and Amanda were told the identity of their new colleague in the last week.
According to the Daily Mail’s Katie Hind, Bruno is yet to sign the contract but the job has been formally offered to him following at tug of war between ITV and BGT boss, who insisted that he had the role following David’s departure.
Alan, 46, is understood to be ‘devastated’ at losing out on the job which he thought was his.