Recently, many users have reported that they are facing various issues with their Linksys range extenders. And one such issue is, Linksys extender keeps disconnecting. Are you facing the same issue with your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender? Well, that is troublesome, but the good news is that it can be resolved with the help of only a few troubleshooting hacks.
Continue reading this article and find out about various ways through which you can get rid of the Linksys AC1900 extender keeps disconnecting issue in a flash.
Fixed: Linksys AC1900 Extender Keeps Disconnecting
- Reboot Your Linksys AC1900 Extender
Technical glitches are one of the major reasons why you are facing the Linksys AC1900 extender keeps disconnecting issue. To get rid of these glitches, you need to reboot your wireless device. Here is how to do that:
- Disconnect all your client devices from the network of your extender.
- Power off your Linksys AC1900 extender and unplug it from its electrical outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Plug your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender back into its electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Thereafter, reconnect all your client devices to the network of your extender.
Now, access extender.linksys.com and check whether you have successfully resolved the Linksys AC1900 extender keeps disconnecting issue or not. If not, follow the next troubleshooting step.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
Chances are that you have used a worn out or damaged Ethernet cable to create a connection between your Linksys AC1900 extender and your home router.
To rectify your mistake, it is recommended that you either get your Ethernet cable replaced with a new one or connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Verify the Power Supply
In order to perform well, your Linksys AC1900 extender should receive an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket at all costs.
However, if that isn’t the case, then now you know why you are struggling with the Linksys extender keeps disconnecting issue. Thus, plug your device into a different wall socket.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
Ensure that your Linksys AC1900 extender is not placed near any of the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Microwave ovens
- Bluetooth speakers
- Aluminum studs
- Concrete walls
- Utensils containing water
Additionally, do not place your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender in a cabinet or behind it. Otherwise, the wireless signals of your device will get interrupted or blocked and degrade its performance.
- Perform Linksys Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender to the latest version can also help you resolve the issue you are facing at hand. Thus, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips and learn how to perform Linksys firmware update:
- Switch on your computer.
- Don’t have a computer? No problem. Use a laptop.
- Launch an internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type the default web address of your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender. You can also use the default IP address to log in to your device.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Linksys extender login page.
- Input the default username and password when prompted.
- Click Log In.
- You will be taken to the Linksys range extender setup wizard.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Go to Administration.
- Select the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
In some time, the firmware of your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender will get updated to the latest version.
Note: If you also want to update the firmware of your router, login to Linksys router and follow the same steps mentioned above.
- Place Your Devices in Close Proximity
There is a possibility that you have placed your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender far from your home router. Therefore, make sure that both your WiFi devices are placed in close proximity.
If even then you are facing the extender keeps disconnecting issue, consider performing factory default reset of your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender.
- Reset Your Linksys AC1900 Extender
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how you can reset your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender to the factory default settings:
- Look at all sides of your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender and locate the Reset button.
- Once found, carefully insert a sharp object in it.
- Wait for a few seconds.
In a minute or two, your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender will get restored to its default factory mode.
Note: After the reset process finishes, reconfigure your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender.
With the help of the above-mentioned troubleshooting hacks, you will surely be able to get rid of the issue you were facing with your Linksys AC1900 wireless extender. If you do, don’t hesitate to give a feedback.