Advising caution to prevent children from getting infected, Thackeray said, “The third wave (of Covid) can infect kids. But one should not worry as experts say they have more immunity. But if they get infected, it will be through us. So we have to take care of that.”
Here is the blueprint of today’s missive
– Stand alone shops can be opened depending on the permission by the district management authority. Will follow the same timings as those permitted under essential services.
– Delivery of non-essential items along with essential items through E-Commerce may be allowed in such districts.
– Post 3 pm, everyday, there shall be restrictions on movement except for medical and other emergencies, or for home deliveries allowed under the order dated 12 May, 2021.
– All Government offices, except those involved directly for corona work in the said districts can function with 25% attendance.
– Agriculture sector-related shops may remain open till 2 PM on weekdays. Respective DMA (Disaster Management Authority) however may extend this timings on weekdays or may allow for some period on weekends, taking into the considerations of the requirements of sowing season and in view of impending monsoon.
Maharashtra reported 18,600 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, its lowest one-day count since mid- March this year.