With the Netgear EX6120 setup, you may extend the range of your existing wireless network. It is a dual band (2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz) wifi range extender that can improve the speed and range of your existing wifi network. By connecting your Netgear AC1200 to an ethernet cable, you can use it as an extender as well as an access point to establish a hotspot. In this blog, we will walk you through the entire step-by-step process of setting up a Netgear extender.
For Netgear EX6120 setup go through following steps:
- Power on the AC1200 EX6120 extender.
- Now, wait for the Power LED to solidly turn green.
- Bring out any WiFi enabled device, such as a tablet or smartphone.
- Using an ethernet wire, connect your router to the WIFI repeater.
- Once connected, open a web browser and type mywifiext.net into the address box.
- You have arrived at the new extender configuration page.
- Follow the procedures to connect your router and the booster.
If your extender does not have four steady lights after you install it. Then, please perform a factory reset to get access to the Netgear Extender Setup page and use the above-mentioned procedure to reconnect to mywifiext.net. Otherwise, you may always contact us and seek assistance from our qualified specialists who are working around the clock to resolve the issue.
Netgear EX6120 setup using WPS method
WPS is an abbreviation for wireless protected setup. It is also known as the simple and quick method of configuring your wifi range extender without inputting any passwords, usernames, or other information. The user will only need to press one button during this operation.
For Netgear EX6120 setup using WPS method follow the steps given below:
- Make sure your EX6120 is turned on.
- Connect it to your current wifi router.
- Locate and push the WPS button on your EX6120.
- Also, on your existing router, push the WPS button.
- When your AC1200 displays three steady green lights, it implies the setup process was accomplished.
- Now, position your AC1200 in the ideal spot with dead zones.
That is how you set up your Netgear AC1200 EX6120 using the WPS method. If you require assistance, please contact us immediately at our toll-free number. Our technical experts will assist you in resolving your problem.
How to update firmware on Netgear EX6120
After doing a Netgear EX6120 firmware update, you will be able to obtain new security features and other new features that tend to fix bugs and other difficulties that you may have encountered while using your extender, as well as increase the performance of your AC1200. You must go to mywifiext.net to get the most recent version of the firmware.
Here are the steps to update firmware on Netgear EX6120:
- To begin, turn on your EX6120.
- Grab a mobile device and connect to your current network.
- Go to www.mywifiext.net in a browser.
- Enter your personal information to log in to your AC1200.
- Tap on settings, then on firmware upgrade.
- Keep in mind that you should not unplug your extension while the firmware update is taking place.
That is how you will be able to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear EX6120. In the next blog, we will go over how to perform a factory reset.
How to reset Netgear EX6120
Generally, the Netgear EX6120 reset process is intended to be conducted anytime a user forgets the admin password or username and wishes to recover it. When you successfully complete the factory reset operation, it will wipe all of your unique information and prepare your AC1200 for a new installation process. You’ll need a paper pin or something similar to execute the factory reset function on your extender.
To reset Netgear EX6120 go through these steps:
- Turn on the Netgear EX6120.
- Locate the AC1200’s reset button.
- Take a pin or a pen and hold down the reset button for 9-10 seconds.
- When the LED blinks and then turns solid green, you have successfully completed the factory reset operation.
You will be able to reset your EX6120 in this manner. If you continue to have problems with your extender, please contact us via our toll-free phones or live chat.