Unless you’re a licensed electrician, chances are you don’t know much about home rewiring services. That’s understandable. After all, most of us take our home’s electrical system for granted—that is until something goes wrong.
But what exactly are home rewiring services? And why might you need them? Here’s a quick overview of both topics to help you make an informed decision about your home’s electrical needs.
What Are Home Rewiring Services?
In short, home rewiring services in Fort Collins, CO involves upgrading or replacing your home’s existing electrical wiring. This type of work is typically performed by a licensed electrician and can be necessary for a number of reasons, including
* Updating outdated wiring: If your home was built more than 40 years ago, there’s a good chance that its electrical system is out of date. While homes built before the mid-20th century used knob-and-tube wiring, most homes built since the 1950s have Romex wiring. If your home still has knob-and-tube wiring, it’s definitely time to upgrade to something more modern.
* Adding new circuits: As your family grows and your electrical needs change, you may find that your home’s existing electrical system can no longer keep up. In this case, you may need to have new circuits added to accommodate your growing needs.
* Replacing damaged wiring: If your home has been damaged by a fire or flood, it’s likely that its electrical system has also been damaged. In this case, you will need to have the damaged wiring replaced as soon as possible.
Why You Might Need Home Rewiring Services
Now that you know what home rewiring services are, you’re probably wondering why you might need them. Here are seven reasons why you might need to consider calling a licensed electrician or emergency electrical repair in Fort Collins, CO for help:
- Your outlets are sparking or making strange noises.
- You frequently blow fuses or trip circuit breakers.
- Your outlets are hot to the touch or discolored.
- You have flickering lights or dimming lights.
- You have Dead outlets or switches.
6 . Your doors or windows stick when you try to open them.
7 . You notice any frayed or exposed wires in your home.
While some of these issues can be fixed without professional help, others definitely require the assistance of a licensed electrician. Ignoring these issues could result in serious damage to your home—or even worse, injury to yourself or your family members.
If you’re experiencing any of the issues listed above, it’s time to call a licensed electrician for help. Home rewiring services may not be something you’re familiar with, but they could be exactly what you need to keep your family safe and improve the overall efficiency of your home’s electrical system.
How Do Electricians Provide Home Rewiring Services?
Electricians provide home rewiring services by first assessing the current state of your home’s electrical system. They will then provide you with a quote for the work that needs to be done. Once you have approved the quote, they will begin the process of upgrading or replacing your wiring.
The exact process will vary depending on the size and age of your home, as well as the severity of the electrical issues that need to be addressed. However, most electricians will follow a similar process:
- Turn off the power to your home: This is obviously a very important step! Electricians will need to turn off the power to your home before they can begin any work.
- Remove old wiring: Once the power is off, electricians will begin removing your home’s old wiring. This process will vary depending on the type of wiring that needs to be removed.
- Install new wiring: After the old wiring has been removed, electricians will start installing your new wiring. Again, the exact process will vary depending on the type of wiring being installed.
- Test the new wiring: Once the new wiring has been installed, electricians will test it to ensure that it is working properly.
- Turn the power back on: Once the electricians are satisfied that the new wiring is working properly, they will turn the power back on.
Home rewiring services may seem like a daunting task, but licensed electricians are more than up to the challenge. They have the knowledge and experience necessary to assess your home’s electrical needs and provide you with a quote for the work that needs to be done. If you are looking for a contractor who provides home rewiring services in Fort Collins, CO, you should approach Eggers Electric at 970-669-1883.