Why a career in gaming?
- The global gaming market, by 2026, is estimated to reach USD 314.40 billion.
- Indian Gaming Industry is predicted to reach the US $ 5 Billion in net revenue by 2025. While it generated US$ 1.5 billion in net revenue during 2019-20. This is the basis BCG-Sequoia India report.
- As per the e-sports and skill gaming platform, Mobile Premier League (MPL), by 2022, the online gaming industry is estimated to reach 510 million gamers.
- Indian gamers spent an average of 42 min per day on mobile games. Source: NASSCOM data & ResearchAndMarkets.com report
Given so much scope and growth of the Indian market, varied international animation companies are outsourcing their work to India. But before going ahead let’s understand what is Game design?
Game Design is a specialized discipline that entails conceptualizing game architecture including ideation, designing, feasibility in terms of budgeting & returns and finally bringing it alive electronically. The game designer has to research and analyze the market trends, target audience, their psychology, preferences, habits, etc. and accordingly use this understanding to build the storyline, visualize plots, characters, challenges, levels, puzzles, formulate VFX along with sound effects, etc. thus offering an immersive experience to customers. Game designer also needs to ensure that the language used to develop a game must lend itself to use across platforms and facilitates updating as well as the use of evolving technology-AI, augmented reality, etc.
Skills required: Before enrolling for the game designing course, candidates must check if he has the following skills necessary for this course:
- Gaming Obsession
- Visualization skills along with an eye for detail and drawing skills so as to come up with Imaginative and distinct concepts
- Awareness of varied gaming platforms along with technologies like AI and augmented reality
- Equipped with an understanding of software, coding and graphics
- Communication, Networking & Interpersonal skills so as to collaborate with varied stakeholders and teams from diverse departments
- Organizing capability so as to manage multiple projects, handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Adaptive with problem-solving skills
- In order to enroll in a game designing course, the candidate must have passed the 12th class with 50% marks in any discipline from a recognized board.
- He needs to clear the entrance exam followed by a group discussion and interview.
Enrollment in Game Designing Courses:
While identifying the apt college, the students must ensure that the college offers the following:
- The curriculum must offer comprehensive knowledge about the Gaming industry-theoretical, business as well as technical. Students not only gain an understanding of technical tools like 2D & 3D graphics, modeling & simulation but are also equipped with the fundamentals of behavioral and play psychology along with storytelling and narrative architecture.
- Additionally, the students must also gain perspective on the communication design industry. This will offer students with capabilities to apply principles of design to varied communication challenges across diverse formats, media as well as contexts.
- The college must be equipped with state of an art studios so that students can apply their theoretical knowledge to come up with prototypes, tests, and craft game projects.
- The college must ensure proper exposure to students through regular interaction with experts, handling real live projects, participating in competitions, workshops as well as internships
So join now and turn your passion for gaming into a profession.