If your D Link WiFi extender is not working after the firmware update then it can be due of any one of the following reasons:
- Updated the wrong firmware version for the extender model you have
- The firmware update process left incomplete
- Sudden power outdated during the firmware update process
That’s all! Now, let us provide you with fixes to troubleshoot the “D Link WiFi extender not working after firmware update” issue. Let’s start over!
Fix 1: Download the Correct Firmware Version
Chances are that you haven’t downloaded the correct firmware version as per the extender model you own and that is giving you issues. So, what you can do to download the correct firmware version? Well, either navigate to dlinkap. local setup wizard or download the d link app.
By downloading the d link app or navigating to dlinkap.local setup wizard – you will get complete instructions to update the correct firmware version as per the D Link extender model you have.
Fix 2: Complete the Firmware Update Process
The firmware update process might take a longer time than expected. So, we suggest you have patience. Do not interrupt the firmware update process. Do not click on any link, close your range extender, or do anything online. Once the firmware process on your WiFi range extender gets updated, your D Link device will start automatically.
Fix 3: Check the Power
Make sure that – while updating the firmware on your D Link WiFi range extender, continuous power is being provided to your device. Here, I am sharing my personal experience with you – what I have been through.
I also opted for a D Link WiFi extender. So, I performed the d link wifi extender setup successfully. After configuring my extender, I got a notification to update its firmware. But, what happened – during the firmware update process – suddenly there was a power outage. I didn’t notice because I have an inverter. That little fluctuation (when the power was gone and the inverter got active) in the electricity corrupted the firmware update file.
Sudden power outages aren’t in our hands. But, all we have to do is to be vigilant. It took two hours for the power to get back. Once the power got back, I tried again to perform the firmware update process. But, the file got corrupted. People also searching for Mbc2030 and Wpc15
So, what I did:
- I reset my D Link extender. For this, I disconnected my router, PC, laptop, mobile devices, etc. from the extender’s WiFi. Then, I located the reset hole on my extender and pressed it using a paper clip. After that, I held the extender’s reset hole for a couple of seconds and released it.
When my extender got reset:
- I performed d link wifi extender setup process again by navigating to dlinkap.local setup wizard and follow the on-screen instructions. But, for a successful configuration of the extender, make sure to have the correct web address and login credentials. If you want complete information regarding the extender’s default web address and login details, I suggest you see its manual.
Note: dlinkap.local setup wizard can be used for both – updating the extender’s firmware and setting it up.
- I Downloaded the D Link app.
- And then, updated the new firmware version on my extender.
This time, I got success! As soon as the latest version of firmware got downloaded on my D Link WiFi extender, it got restarted automatically.
But, I suggest not using public or neighboring WiFi for updating D Link extender firmware. The reason is, there is a lot of traffic on the public WiFi networks. And, due to heavy traffic – you won’t be able to get an uninterrupted internet connection, resulting in firmware update failure or D Link WiFi extender not working after the firmware update. So, use your WiFi only to make things work smoothly.
Can I hope that my personal experience here helped you out to fix “D Link WiFi extender not working after firmware update” issue? Please share your feedback with me via comments.