The Filipino cuisine Chicken Hamonado is delicious and simple to make. You can have it for lunch or dinner as the main course. Halal organic chicken and pineapple slices are cooked in soy sauce and pineapple juice to make this dish. For overnight or at least 10 hours, the whole chicken is soaked in a flavored solution. This method preserves the juiciness, moistness, and flavor of halal organic meat. The finest results come from marinating the chicken overnight.
Without using an oven, you can make this chicken hamonado recipe in no time! The result is fantastic, with a roasted chicken appearance and feel. It makes an outstanding addition to your holiday table or even a centerpiece with its savory, sweet sauce, juicy meat, and festive appearance.
- Chicken Thighs 1000 grams
- Pineapple Juice 1 cup
- Soy Sauce 2 tbsp
- Brown Sugar ¼ cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black Pepper to taste (ground)
- Onions 2 (chopped)
- Garlic 5-6 Cloves (chopped)
- Pineapple Chunks / Slices For Serving (as per need)
- Pineapple Syrup ¼ cup
- Cherries For Topping (optional)
- Take a large mixing bowl place 1000 grams of chicken thighs.
- Fill the container halfway with pineapple juice.
- To taste, in the bowl, add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 1 tsp salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- To coat the chicken thighs, mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Before cooking, marinate the chicken for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Keep the marinade for later use.
- Over low to medium heat, place a deep frying pan or wok.
- Heat the oil in the pan or wok.
- Fry the marinated chicken thighs in a pan until golden brown on both sides. When the chicken is done, remove the frying pan from the stove.
- Place the chicken on a platter and put it aside.
- Take out any extra oil from the same pan.
- Over high heat, saute chopped onions for about 2-3 minutes, or until onions become soft. Now add
- Add chopped garlic and cloves in the sauteed onion and fry for almost 10 seconds.
- Add fried chicken thighs when the onion and garlic are sauteed and fragrant.
- Stir everything for 10-15 seconds.
- Next, pour the marinade, which has been saved for later use.
- Mix thoroughly.
- After mixing well, turn the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Allow for five minutes of cooking time or until the sauce has thickened.
- After removing the lid, give the mixture a good swirl.
- You can add pineapple chunks or slices, as well as pineapple syrup if desired.
- Cook until the pineapple pieces are soft and the sauce has thickened.
- To avoid burning, stir once more.
- Transfer to a platter after removing from the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on a serving dish with pineapple slices and red bell pepper slices. Serve with steamed rice, mashed potatoes, or fried potato wedges to complete the supper.
- To make the chicken delicious, marinate it overnight. There’s another tip to improve the taste, lessening the sauce until it reaches the desired amount of taste.
- You can also alternate brown sugar with white sugar.
- Choose pineapple slices that are in unsweetened juice rather than a thick syrup.